Thursday 4 October 2012

My 1st CD Cover !!

I love Whitney's music, and have always thought of writing a biography on her entire life. She started singing at a very young age, and I wonder if she ever knew how famous she'd become. (I didn't include her death, because I didn't want to make it sad).
Digital designing gave me the opportunity to express my imagination on paper. I used a combination of real & virtual images to come up with my design. Below are the original images used: 
A. Whitney Houston (to be used for back cover).

B. Whitney when young.                                      

C. Bubbles of dream?thoughts.                                   

D. Whitney performing on stage.                           


E. Stage                 

In the process itself, I set a stage (E) and added Whitney"s young picture (B). I then refined it alittle so it could blend in with the surrounding, but still have the idea of black-and-white

I then added the bubbles (C), but deleted the space in and around, so it blended with the outside, and pasted D (her performance on stage) on the inside so it appears as a dream/thought from B. I also added other pictures of her into the preceding little bubble spaces, bit not so visible, signifying her growth to popularity.Latly, I added the title (The Biography & Greatest Hits of Whitney Houston) and the theme song - Dreams do come true! ( Not real, but made up for the purpose of adding effect to the design).

For the back cover, I added one of her pictures (A) unto a pinkish background and cut off the edges so it will fit in. Then I designed the edges to give it more sparkle,. The saturation was then reduced to make it a little faint so the wordings could be clear/readable. Lastly, I added the wordings.

For the sides, the sentence was written vertically, cut to size & added to the ends of the finished back case. Below is the finished work:

Front cover:                

Back Cover:               

Sides:                         

All the above were measured to fit CD before printing and then cut out after printing..........



No comments:

Post a Comment